Who We Are
The production, processing, and trading of commodities through complex global value chains connect actors from developed, developing, and emerging countries. Commodities generate huge economic outcomes. But they are not without challenges. Developing countries receive few of the economic benefits of the commodity value chain. They are also vulnerable, often facing food insecurity, environmental degradation, and negative health impacts.
This is the basis for Commodity Monitor’s operations. Commodity Monitor is a tech-based business organisation that generates exchange of information on commodities – soft and hard – and facilitates competitive value and supply chain processes for consumption with the aim of promoting regional trade, food security and sustained economic development in Africa. We provide business advisories on global commodities for governments, private companies, and individuals.
What We Do
- Delivering insightful and impactful evidence-based solutions to Africa’s commodity and delivering long-lasting change for all users of the commodity value chain.
- Going beyond boundaries through the creative application of communication technology and information sharing at all levels of the commodity chain.
- Sharing technical knowledge with governments, businesses, non-state actors and local farming communities through the deployment of effective technologies and agriculture-led information.
Why you should work with us
Commodity Monitor utilises online platform and data analytics to generate exchange of information on sustainable production, supply and consumption of commodities in Africa. This is close the existing knowledge gaps affecting the supply and value of commodities.
We contribute to the development of a sustainable and profitable commodity sector in Africa driven by the concept of value chains. Commodity Monitor provides ground situation analysis and operations on production in rural areas and connect it to available markets.
- Transportation provides the nexus for production and consumption. Commodity Monitor facilitates this to happen, by liaising with transport and logistics companies to deliver agriculture and food products at lower costs.
- Commodity Monitor provides insurance packages to farmers to boost lower level investments.